ILIAS CHEMISTRY - M.E.S. Indian School,Doha
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ILIAS CHEMISTRY - M.E.S. Indian School,Doha

This is a forum for the students of MES, to get note and ask doubts to the chemistry department of the school.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

compare Human IGF-I with Human IGF-II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dalas
Student
Student

compare Human IGF-I with Human IGF-II Empty
PostSubject: compare Human IGF-I with Human IGF-II   compare Human IGF-I with Human IGF-II Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:13 pm

The structure and function of Human IGF-I are similar to insulin, but have higher growth-promoting activity than insulin. Human IGF-I expression is influenced by placenta lactogen, while Human IGF-I expression is regulated by growth hormone. Both Human IGF-I and IGF-II signal through the tyrosine kinase type I receptor (IGF-IR), but, IGF-II can also signal through the IGF-II/Mannose-6-phosphate receptor. Mature IGFs are generated by proteolytic processing of inactive precursor proteins, which contain N-terminal and C-terminal propeptide regions. Recombinant human IGF-I and IGF-II are globular proteins containing 70 and 67 amino acids, respectively, and 3 intra-molecular disulfide bonds.
Back to top Go down

compare Human IGF-I with Human IGF-II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ILIAS CHEMISTRY - M.E.S. Indian School,Doha :: 12th Standard :: Question & Answers-
Jump to: